ChemTech, located at Tananger near Stavanger, is a leader within preparation for inspection and also have a unique competence and license for treatment of NORM (”Naturally Occuring Radioactive Material” ) on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Rune Haddeland, CEO of WellConnection Group stated on the acquisition of ChemTech AS: “ChemTech´s high competence and extensive experience within inspection and the fast growing NORM field will substantially strengthen WellConnection´s offering to our clients. We will now establish the preparation and NORM services at other WellConnection locations for the benefit of our clients.”
Energy Ventures Private Equity (EVPE) support WellConnection Group´s growth strategy. Per Arne Jensen, Senior Partner with EVPE and Chairman of WellConnection Group noted on the acquisition: “With this acquisition our position as as the North Sea leader of one-stop IMR services for tubulars, risers and drilling equipment is strengthened.”
Arild Myrland, Managing Director of ChemTech AS commented: ”We are very pleased to become part of the WellConnection Group. This will allow us to accelerate our growth strategy by offering our services from several locations and continue to offer excellent services to our customers, both within high pressure water cleaning and NORM treatment.”
ChemTech AS will be held as a separate entity within WellConnection Group and will change name to WellConnection ChemTech AS.
About WellConnection Group
- The leading company within inspection, maintenance and repair services (IMR) for drilling and subsea equipment on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Located in Tananger, Hundvåg, Mongstad and Kristiansund.
- The company has 150 employees and and had a pro forma revenue in 2015 of 360 MNOK.
- The leading company within high pressure water cleaning including NORM on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Established in 1996
- Located in Tananger and has 13 employees